What do standardized test scores mean
Tutoring services in Baltimore County
Community College of Baltimore County
- Early College Access Programs
- What classes give you high school credit?
- What classes will articulate to four-year colleges?
BCPS Office of Magnet Programs
To monitor your child's progress in school, or see other information about school, please use BCPSOne. You will need to request a personalized access code from any of the clerical staff at school.
- The College Board has launched and AP site and twitter feed just for students.
- Do Colleges care about Gifted and Talented?
- BCPS Graduation requirements and course registration guide
- Teachers are available at least once a week for "coach class" tutoring sessions, and students are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity - not just on an as-needed basis, but as a regular check-in to ensure accurate understanding of course material.
- Use your planner to stay current on when assignments are due and when planned tests are scheduled. This will help structure your study plan.
- Being time-oriented instead of task-oriented sometimes helps students to stay focused on a particular course for a set period of time, even after the daily assigned homework is complete. If there are twenty minutes remaining in your planned time for that course, you can rewrite and review your notes, review old notes, and pre-read for upcoming lessons.
- BCPS Learning Styles Inventory
- Plan for your final grades, and predict your GPA at the end of 9th grade.
- Use this spreadsheet to anticipate your cumulative GPA and QPA.
- Online tutoring resources at Khan Academy
- The Best and Worst Ways to Prepare for an Exam
- TeenLife.com - Finding balance in your student's course selections.
- This Washington Post article may surprise you about what you thought you knew about studying.
- Executive Functioning 101 (downloadable e-book)